The following are the series of steps in the certification process to become
a Certified Instructor of Infant Massage with A Foundation for Healthy Family Living™.
Required Reading: For certification requirements as well as your professional development
in teaching HFL's programs choose from one or more of the following:
- Submit parts 1 & 2 of the application and send with deposit for the training
location that you would like to attend.
- Participate in all of the 4 day training.
- Following the 4 day training - complete the certification packet which
- The “take home open book exam”
- Teach five (5) babies and their caregivers the Infant Massage program.
This may be done in a group class taught in 5 sessions or in private classes
taught in 3 sessions. Have parent/caregiver complete the form evaluating
- Complete your own self-evaluation Submit the above packet for review
within the agreed upon time line. This is usually within 3-6 months of
completing the training, the agreement is established at the training.
- Certification with A Foundation for Healthy Family Living™ follows after
a review and approval of the above process
- Touching by Ashley Montague
- The Boy Who Was Raised As A Dog by Bruce D. Perry, MD, PhD
- Vital Touch by Sharon Heller, PhD
- Parenting from the inside out by Daniel J Siegel, MD and Mary Hartzell, M.Ed
- Developing Mind by Daniel J Siegel, MD
Please note: The required reading does not need to be completed prior to your participation in the 4 day training.
Reference books include:
- The Baby Book by Dr William and Martha Sears
- The Well Baby Book by Samuels and Samuel