Agency Site Requirement Summary
The training environment may be
one of two options. There may be one room at least 1200 square
feet or larger OR two adjacent rooms of at least 700 square feet
each. The rooms must be carpeted or have mats available to cover a large
We have found that all of
the following considerations contribute to a successful training: one that
flows smoothly and efficiently, and that allows the students to feel nurtured,
supported and optimizes their learning experience.
- Non - fluorescent lighting is essential. Windows
for natural light are preferable. (If
non-fluorescent lighting, need to supply 6-8 free standing floor lamps)
- Is the room available from at least 8am until 6pm (first day from 7:30am)
- Is it available the day before the training
starts for set-up (afternoon or evening)?
- Can the room remain set up overnight? We
prefer a 24 hour hold. If it needs to be broken down is there a storage
area to leave materials in the room overnight?
- Is there the ability to control the room temperature?
The room needs to be warmed enough for babies to receive massage at the demo
class (78-84 degrees).
- Are there windows and doors that open, fans
or other methods of ventilation?
- Is there adequate parking near the facility
(including easy parking for parents coming to class)?
Is parking free?
- Are there any noise considerations? From other
activities? From outside the building? Is room free of storage, clutter and
- Is there a kitchen with a refrigerator for
students to store lunch food? Is
there a stove or microwave to use? Is there a hot water urn available?
- May refreshments (juice, fruit, baked goods) be brought into the training room?
- Is there access to adjacent areas for breakouts into smaller groups? (optional)
- Is there access to a pleasant outdoor environment?
- Is there access to restrooms? How many stalls?
(this influences timing of breaks)
- Is there a telephone with a telephone
jack (outlet) in the room or nearby?
- 22 chairs
- 2-3 banquet sized tables arranged
on the perimeter of the room
- 4th table near a power
outlet for refreshments (if no adjacent food area)
- TV, VCR in room first morning and
one additional day
- Audio cassette/CD player in room
first morning and thereafter
- White board or easel w/flip chart
For the Parent Baby Demonstration Class we need to create at times two large
circles on the floor, each circle large enough for 7 parent/baby couplets
and 5 student instructors. For this purpose we will
- 12 - 20 blankets/quilts or comforters
to lay on the floor
- 15 cushions, pillows or backjack
chairs for parents’ comfort and positioning
- 6 soft pillows for the younger
babies to lie on
- Mats if facility